Lockheed files injunction to stop work on Oshkosh trucks

Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:02pm EST
 
Email This Article |
Share This Article
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
| Print This Article
[-] Text [+]

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N: Quote) on Friday filed for a temporary injunction seeking a stop-work order on a $6.75 billion contract awarded by the U.S. Army to Oshkosh Corp (OSK.N: Quote) for 17,000 new armored vehicles to replace the Humvee, which Lockheed is challenging in federal court.

Lockheed on Thursday said it had filed a federal complaint over the handling of the contract by the Army, and court documents posted on Friday showed it had also filed a motion seeking the injunction.

"We look forward to having our Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) complaint heard, and all evidence evaluated, by the Court of Federal Claims," Lockheed said in a statement.

No comment was immediately available from the Army, which lifted a stop-work order earlier this week after the Government Accountability Office dismissed a protest filed against the contract by Lockheed.

(Reporting by Andrea Shalal; Editing by Dan Grebler)

 
U.S. soldiers stand near a Humvee vehicle during the NATO Force Integration Unit inauguration event in Vilnius, Lithuania, September 3, 2015. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins