Euro zone crisis: As it happens
(Reuters) - Here is a snapshot of the euro zone crisis as G20 leaders meet in Cannes.
All times are GMT:
* 1423 -- Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou has no plans to resign while he awaits the outcome of talks with the opposition, a minister who took part in a cabinet meeting said.
* 1420 -- A proposed Greek referendum on the country's bailout package will be scrapped if ruling and opposition parties strike a deal to resolve the crisis, an official from the prime minister's office said.
* 1405 -- Greece's government is ready to hold talks with the opposition on its demand for a caretaker government until snap elections are held, a government spokesman said.
* 1348 -- The Greek government welcomed the statement made by the opposition leader and said it was ready to discuss the proposal on a temporary government.
* 1342 -- The office of Greek President Karolos Papoulias said it has no meeting scheduled with Prime Minister George Papandreou as of now.
* 1325 -- Europe should not fear a change of government in Greece, Michael Noonan, Ireland's finance minister said in Dublin.
* 1316 -- According to Spanish officials, the main focus of EU discussion was strengthening firewalls to protect the euro zone. Continued...