CANADA STOCKS-TSX tied down by weak China, Europe data
* TSX up 2.38 points at 12,625.74
* Trading around highest level since Sept. 9, 2011
* Materials shares rise, financials fall
* U.S. housing data boosts sentiment
* Weak euro zone, China data weighs
By Jon Cook
TORONTO, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index was little changed at midday on Wednesday after hitting a five-month high the previous session as weak data from the euro zone and China countered strong U.S. housing figures.
U.S. home resales surged in January to a 1-1/2 year high and the supply of properties on the market was the lowest in almost seven years, pointing to a nascent housing recovery in Canada's top trading partner. Continued...