CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises on resources, U.S. data
* TSX up 24.97 pts, or 0.2 pct, at 12,726.23
* Highest level since Sept. 8, 2011
* Materials, energy issues lift index
* U.S. jobless claims hold near 4-yr lows
* Euro zone contraction forecast for 2012
By Jon Cook
TORONTO, Feb 23 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index was slightly higher at midday on Thursday as strong bullion prices lifted gold miners and encouraging U.S. jobs data offset forecasts showing the euro zone economy will shrink this year.
Most of the index's top 10 main sectors were higher, led by the gold-miner-heavy materials group, which rose 0.5 percent as bullion traded near $1,800 an ounce. Continued...