CANADA STOCKS-TSX firms on US jobs, but gold limits gain
* TSX up 14.16 points, or 0.1 pct, at 12,476.09
* U.S. jobs data beats market forecasts
* Canadian job market stalls
* Gold miners as prices drop
* Neo Materials soars 38 pct on takeover news
By Jennifer Kwan
TORONTO, March 9 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index was slightly higher on Friday morning but gains made on bullish U.S. employment data were limited by weakness in gold miners as bullion prices dropped.
Figures showed the U.S. economy added 227,000 jobs last month, while the unemployment rate held at a three-year low of 8.3 percent. That helped push global equity markets and the U.S. dollar higher, but weighed on safe-haven gold. Continued...