CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises for 3rd straight day on U.S. data, Viterra
* TSX up 41.69 points, or 0.33 pct, at 12,503.62
* Down 1 percent for the week
* Takeover chatter boosts Viterra, Neo Materials
* U.S. jobs data beats market forecasts
* Canadian job market stalls
By Jennifer Kwan
TORONTO, March 9 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index edged higher for a third day in a row on Friday, lifted by bullish U.S. employment data and takeover speculation at grain handler Viterra.
Viterra led the broader index higher and finished the day up 23.7 percent at C$13.58. The Regina, Saskatchewan-based company, Canada's biggest grain handler, said it had received expressions of interest from unnamed third parties on a possible takeover. Continued...