CANADA STOCKS-TSX may open higher on euro zone optimism
March 15 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index looked set to open higher on Tuesday, tracking global markets after stronger than expected German data boosted confidence in the health of the global economy.
FACTORS TO WATCH
* Canadian equity futures pointed to a higher open.
* U.S. stock index futures advanced ahead of data that could provide clues on the level of consumer spending and before a policy announcement from the U.S. Federal Reserve.
* European equities extended gains to over 1 percent, hitting session highs after stronger than expected German investor sentiment data boosted confidence.
COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* The Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB index, a global commodities benchmark, was up 0.13 percent.
* Oil prices traded up near $126 a barrel as investors awaited comments from the U.S. central bank that may confirm an improving outlook for the U.S. economy, but could pour cold water on expectations for further monetary stimulus. Continued...