CANADA STOCKS-TSX may open higher; Rogers, Telus in focus
Feb 15 (Reuters) - Canadian stock index futures pointed to a slightly higher open on Friday after Toronto's main stock index hit a one-week low on Thursday, with investors focused on results from major companies like Rogers Communications, Telus and Goldcorp.
* Rogers Communications Inc : The wireless company posted a 30 percent rise in adjusted quarterly profit, helped by cost improvements and revenue growth in all its segments, and increased its annualized dividend.
* Telus posted a 23 percent rise in quarterly profit on Friday, helped by strong growth in its wireless business.
* Goldcorp Inc : The gold producer booked a lower-than-expected drop in adjusted quarterly profit on Thursday and said improved performance at two key mines positioned it for a strong year.
* The Group of 20 major economies struggled to find common ground on currencies and borrowing, exposing rifts between advocates of a dash for growth and supporters of more austerity to revive the world economy.
* ECB's Asmussen urged France to bring its public deficit below the EU ceiling, highlighting an issue that threatens a policy rift between the euro zone's top two economies. Continued...