CANADA STOCKS-TSX may open flat ahead of Fed policy meeting
Dec 14 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index was headed for a flat open on Tuesday as commodities were mostly steady. Gold rose one percent on the sagging U.S. dollar.
FACTORS TO WATCH
* Canadian equity futures <0#SXF:> pointed to a higher open.
* U.S. stock index futures were little changed as investors awaited the Federal Reserve's assessment of the economy. [.N]
* European shares slipped after their longest winning streak in five months ahead of the Fed announcement. [.EU]
* Asian stocks advanced, supported by optimism that China would shun aggressive measures to curb inflation that could slow growth or blunt its voracious demand for raw materials.
COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* The Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB index .CRB, a global commodities benchmark, rose 0.28 percentarly trade.
* Oil prices consolidated ahead of U.S. inventory data.[O/R] Continued...