CANADA STOCKS-TSX knocked lower as TD, CIBC results miss
* TSX down 0.31 percent at 13,708.19
* Financials main drag, down 1 pct
* Seven of 10 main sectors on the rise
* TD, CIBC, National report mixed results
* TMX shares up on Maple Group's hostile bid (Adds details)
By Ka Yan Ng
TORONTO, May 26 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index sagged on Thursday, weighed down by bank results that came in slightly below expectations.
Toronto-Dominion Bank TD.TO, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce CM.TO, and National Bank of Canada (NA.TO: Quote) all reported higher quarterly profit, but TD and CIBC were shy of market expectations, sending their shares down more than 2 percent. [ID:nN26230622] [ID:nN26207347]
"Two of three disappointed," said Francis Campeau, a broker at MF Global Canada in Montreal. "The financial sector is bringing the Canadian market down." Continued...