CANADA STOCKS-TSX may open higher on rising commodity prices
Jan 11 (Reuters) - Canadian stock index futures pointed to a higher open on Tuesday led by rising commodity prices.
FACTORS TO WATCH
* Canadian equity futures <0#SXF:> pointed to a higher open.
* U.S. stock index futures rose as the fourth-quarter earnings season started with a strong profit beat from Alcoa and as Europe rebounded from recent losses. [.N]
* European shares rose as Alcoa AA.N results boosted sentiment ahead of the European earnings season. [.EU]
* Shares in China and Hong Kong rose, with optimism over strong economic growth and corporate earnings.
* Canadian housing starts fell 13.5 percent to a seasonally adjusted 171,500 units in December [ID:nHND005519]
COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* The Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB index .CRB, a global commodities benchmark, rose 0.59 percent in early trade. Continued...