Decision on Ricciardo's DQ appeal on Tuesday
By Julien Pretot
PARIS (Reuters) - The FIA will rule by Tuesday on Red Bull's appeal against Daniel Ricciardo's exclusion from the Australian Grand Prix, the Formula One governing body's International Court of Appeal (CAI) said on Monday.
"We will announce the decision tomorrow morning at the latest," CAI general secretary Jean-Christophe Breillat said at the end of a six-hour hearing at the FIA's headquarters.
He added that a reasoned decision would be published "by the end of the week".
Ricciardo finished second in his home race last month, his debut for the world champions, but was disqualified hours later when stewards ruled his car had breached new fuel flow regulations.
The case is seen as a critical test of the regulations accompanying the V6 turbo engines and energy recovery systems, with Red Bull arguing the sensors cannot be trusted, a version the FIA and other teams are disputing.
Red Bull, instead, used their own method of measurement, in breach of an FIA technical directive.
While Ricciardo was not present in Paris as he is preparing for this week's Chinese Grand Prix, team principal Christian Horner and head of car engineering Paul Monaghan were among the nine-man Red Bull delegation.
Mercedes, the championship leaders who have won all three races so far this year, McLaren, Lotus, Williams and Force India also had representatives at the hearing being heard by a five-judge panel. Continued...