Suarez was 'very depressed' after biting incident
By Tim Hanlon
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Controversial striker Luis Suarez said he was "very depressed" after the World Cup biting incident that led to the Uruguay international being initially banned from all soccer activities for four months.
Suarez can now train with new club Barcelona and play friendlies, following an appeal hearing last week, before making his competitive return at the end of October.
"I prefer not to look backwards," the former Liverpool forward said as he was presented to the media at the Nou Camp on Tuesday.
"I didn't want to do anything and I was very depressed," added Suarez referring to his state of mind following the biting incident involving Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup in Brazil.
"I decided that all I could do was accept reality and say sorry. I have apologized to people in Uruguay for what happened and I am now looking ahead."
The Uruguayan featured for the first time for Barca when he came on for the last 15 minutes of Monday's 6-0 friendly victory over Mexican side Leon.
Suarez is set to play his first La Liga game in the 'Clasico' against Real Madrid the weekend of Oct. 25-26.
During Tuesday's presentation, vice-president Jordi Mestre disclosed that the transfer fee Barca had agreed with Liverpool was 65 million pounds ($108.11 million). Continued...