FIFA to publish Garcia report in 'appropriate form'
By Brian Homewood
MARRAKECH, Morocco (Reuters) - FIFA's executive committee has unanimously agreed to publish an "appropriate" version of a report into the bidding process for the 2018/2022 World Cups but said Russia and Qatar would still stage the tournaments.
"The decision which has been taken on Dec 2, 2010, stands and there is no re-vote to take," FIFA president Blatter told a news conference in a luxury Marrakech hotel.
"We will go on by sticking to our decisions, both tournaments are in our calendar, and we also need to determine when 2022 will take place," he added, referring to the controversy over the timing of the tournament in the Gulf state.
"There must be huge upheavel, new elements come to the fore the change this, but the executive committee sees no need to change anything."
Blatter added that the crisis FIFA has faced since the publication last month of a summary of former investigator Michael Garcia's 18-month investigation was over.
"We have been in a crisis (but) with the decision of the executive committee today, the crisis has stopped."
Soccer's governing body had previously said it could not publish Garcia's 430-page report for legal reasons.
However, FIFA's ethics committee will now publish the report "in an appropriate form once ongoing procedures against individuals are concluded", Blatter said in a statement issued shortly before a news conference. Continued...