Rosberg promises 'maximum attack' in 2015

Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:46am EST
 
Email This Article |
Share This Article
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
| Print This Article | Single Page
[-] Text [+]

(Reuters) - Nico Rosberg vowed 'maximum attack' in a new title battle with Formula One world champion team mate Lewis Hamilton on Sunday as Mercedes unveiled their 2015 car before pre-season testing started in Jerez.

"I know the feeling of winning and of fighting for a championship after last year, but I also know the feeling of not winning in the end and I don't want to repeat that," said the German.

"It's an extra boost and it gives me so much motivation for the year ahead."

Rosberg, son of Finland's 1982 champion Keke, won five races last year to Hamilton's 11 and finished runner-up in a dominant season for his team and one that saw the drivers' relationship tested to the limit.

Mercedes are again expected to set the pace, even if the cars have not changed dramatically since last year's debut of the new V6 turbo hybrid power units and rivals hope to have closed the gap.

"It will be massively tough to repeat what we achieved in 2014 but we all want to keep that momentum going and to dominate the sport for many years to come," said Rosberg.

"We know the opposition will be right there, so we have to keep pushing flat out to have any chance of doing that. Nothing is for certain but, whatever happens, I know it will be another great battle with Lewis.

"This year is the rematch for me and I'm massively motivated for it."

Hamilton, now a double world champion after taking his first title with McLaren in 2008, agreed that there could be no complacency.   Continued...

 
Mercedes Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton (R) of Britain and teammate Nico Rosberg of Germany unveil the new Mercedes F1 M06 car during its official presentation at the Jerez racetrack in southern Spain February 1, 2015.  REUTERS/Marcelo del Pozo