On the comeback, Woods has same expectations - win
By Larry Fine
WINDERMERE, Florida (Reuters) - Tiger Woods has not played competitively in nearly four months, but the injury plagued former world number one has not altered his mindset for this week's Hero World Challenge event -- win.
Winning is something Woods has not yet done this year, in a truncated season marked by back surgery in March and struggles after his attempted return that forced him to set aside his clubs after missing the cut at PGA Championship in August.
The 38-year-old proclaimed himself healthy and on the way back after working with a new swing consultant, if perhaps a bit rusty.
"It felt good to be out there," Woods told reporters after Wednesday's pro-am on the eve of the opening round of the elite 18-player event that benefits his foundation.
"Obviously, been playing at home with my boys for a little bit of cash, but still (that is) a little bit different. Every shot counts a little bit more. (But) Felt good."
It also felt comfortable for Woods, who is staging the event this year at Isleworth the enclave he had been home for over a decade before moving to Jupiter Island.
Asked if he had the usual designs on winning that carried him to a collection of 14 majors, second only to Jack Nicklaus's 18, Woods said: "Obviously, or I wouldn't enter."
Some of the top-notch players invited to the event said the tournament host was looking like the Woods of old. Continued...