Farah says he is 100 percent clean
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's double Olympic champion Mo Farah said on Tuesday he was "100 per cent clean" and would leave his long-time coach Alberto Salazar if it was proved the American was guilty of violating any doping rules.
The 32-year-old Farah told Sky Sports News he had dedicated "half his life" to his sport and had never taken any kind of performance-enhancing drug in his career.
Farah, the hero of the London Olympics where he won a 5,000 and 10,000 gold double, has been under the spotlight since Salazar was accused of a systematic breach of the rules in a BBC documentary earlier this month.
Asked if he had ever used testosterone, EPO or human growth hormone, drugs to treat a thyroid problem or performance enhancing drugs he replied: "No never."
"I was shocked, I couldn't believe what I saw," he replied when asked about his reaction to the allegations made against Salazar, the head of the Nike Oregon project.
"When I saw it, I wanted some answers. I spoke to Alberto and he gave me some answers. He told me these were just allegations and he would prove it."
He continued: "I work so hard for what I do and to achieve what I have. It has taken me half my life. For people to think I've taken a short cut -- its not right. It's not fair.
"The picture that has been painted of me is not right. I'm 100 per cent clean. I love what I do and want to continue winning medals.
"I want people to know I am 100 per cent clean and I am not on any drugs. The only medication I am on is for asthma which I have had since I was a child." Continued...