BRIEF-Kaminak says acquisition transaction with Goldcorp
May 12 (Reuters) - Kaminak Gold Corp
* Total consideration offered for Kaminak shares is approximately C$520 million.
* Deal for C$520 million
* Under arrangement, each common share of Kaminak will be exchanged for 0.10896 common shares of Goldcorp
* Exchange ratio represents a value of c$2.62 per share based upon closing price of Goldcorp on TSX on may 11, 2016 of c$24.08
* Arrangement has been unanimously approved by boards of directors of Kaminak and Goldcorp
* Kaminak announces acquisition transaction with Goldcorp
* Board may terminate agreement in favour of unsolicited superior proposal, subject to payment of termination fee of C$20.3 million
* Number of Goldcorp shares to be issued under arrangement will be approximately 21.6 million
* Kaminak's financial advisor is BMO Capital Markets and its legal advisors are Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
* Kaminak announces acquisition transaction with Goldcorp Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1-646-223-8780)
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.