BRIEF-MTY to buy Kahala Brands for a total of about $300 mln
May 25 (Reuters) - MTY Food Group Inc
* MTY enters into an agreement to acquire the shares of Kahala Brands Ltd
* Total consideration for transaction is estimated at US$300 million
* Transaction is expected to be immediately accretive.
* MTY Food Group says cash component of consideration will be financed by MTY's cash on hand and by new credit facility that is presently being arranged
* Deal with issuance of 2,253,930 shares of MTY and payment of US$240 million in cash
* During 12 months following acquisition, combined entity is expected to generate over C$90 million in EBITDA
* During 12 months following acquisition, combined entity is expected to generate C$250 million in revenues and C$2 billion in system sales Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1-646-223-8780)
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.