BRIEF-Winpak Q2 earnings per share $0.39
July 18 (Reuters) - Winpak Ltd :
* Winpak Ltd says capital spending for 2016 is projected to be between $80 million and $90 million
* Winpak Ltd says "Canadian dollar still remains at a lower level versus its US counterpart than a year ago"
* Winpak reports second quarter results
* Q2 revenue rose 3 percent to $204.1 million
* Q2 earnings per share $0.39
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.42 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Company remains optimistic with regard to volume growth and earnings performance for balance of 2016
* Continue to pursue acquisition opportunities in co's core competencies of sophisticated packaging for food, beverage, healthcare applications Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.