BRIEF-Atlantic Power qtrly loss per share $0.15
Aug 8 (Reuters) - Atlantic Power Corp
* Atlantic power corporation releases second quarter 2016 results
* Have approximately $40 million of cash available for further debt and equity repurchases and internal or external growth investments
* Expect to repay another $42 million debt in second half of year
* Expects to incur maintenance expense in 2016 of approximately $45 million.
* In late july morris project began a six-week maintenance outage that coincides with a scheduled turnaround at customer's facility
* Impact of higher maintenance expense, lost margin during extended outage expected to be about $9 million on project adjusted ebitda in q3
* Says guidance for 2016 project adjusted ebitda is $200 to $220 million, which is unchanged
* Says not provided guidance for project income or net income because of difficulty of making accurate forecasts Continued...