BRIEF-Valeant Pharmaceuticals Q2 GAAP loss per share $0.88
Aug 9 (Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc :
* Valeant Pharmaceuticals reports second quarter 2016 financial results
* Sees FY 2016 revenue $9.9 billion to $10.1 billion
* Q2 earnings per share view $1.48 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Q2 GAAP loss per share $0.88
* "we have taken steps to streamline our portfolio in Q2"
* Entered into a definitive agreement to divest all north american commercialization rights to Ruconest to Pharming Group N.V.
* Sold, or agreed to sell, brodalumab EU rights, synergetics USA OEM business, and Ruconest for a total combined upfront payment of $181 million
* Pharming will also pay valeant certain sales-based milestone payments of up to $65 million Continued...