BRIEF-Virginia Hills Oil announces Strategic Alternatives Process & Q2 results
Aug 26 (Reuters) - Virginia Hills Oil Corp
* Virginia Hills Oil Corp. announces strategic alternatives process, second quarter of 2016 results and general operation update
* "North American oil and gas sector continues to be challenged by macro-economic supply and demand pressures on crude oil pricing"
* Virginia Hills Oil Corp says has engaged financial advisors to assist company evaluate, develop and recommend one or more strategic alternatives
* Initiated process to review strategic alternatives with view of maximizing value of significant slave point light oil resource base
* During Q2 of 2016, company's operations were affected by extremely wet surface conditions
* Qtrly petroleum and natural gas sales $6 million versus $8.3 million
* Qtrly FFO per share $0.03
* Qtrly production volumes for Q2 of 2016 averaged 1,293 boe/d (97% light oil and NGL's), representing a decline of 13% Continued...