BRIEF-Cobalt reports agreement for the early termination of its Rowan Reliance drillship contract
Sept 15 (Reuters) - Cobalt International Energy Inc :
* Entered into an amendment to its drilling contract with Rowan Reliance Limited
* Commits to use Rowan as exclusive provider of drilling services for 5 years at market rates as determined by normal indices
* Amendment provides for a contract termination date of march 31, 2017
* To save 45 pct of contract value between original termination date and new termination date, or about $80 million
* Cobalt International Energy Inc says additionally, per amendment co will pay to rowan remainder of approximately $98 million Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.