BRIEF-Neptune and Aker BioMarine reach patent agreement
Oct 3 (Reuters) - Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc :
* Neptune and Aker Biomarine reach important patent agreement, recognizing the patents' strength and ending all litigation
* Acquires rights to use aker's select krill oil-related patent portfolio in consideration of payment of $4 million
* Royalty payment of $4 million to Aker is payable over same 15-month period
* Agreement ends all outstanding litigation, with continued access for Aker to Neptune's composition patents
* Continued access for Aker to Neptune's composition patents in consideration of a royalty payment of us$10 million Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.