BRIEF-Boeing to formally challenge Denmark's fighter jet procurement decision
Sept 15 (Reuters) - Boeing
* Says will formally challenge Denmark decision on fighter jet procurement decision.
* Says has submitted to the Danish Ministry of Defence a request for insight, which "requires the ministry to provide all materials related to the fighter procurement evaluation and decision announced in June".
* Says process may lead to lawsuit against Danish Ministry of Defence.
* Denmark's minority government in May announced its recommendation to buy Lockheed Martin's F-35 fighter jet rather than Boeing's older F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.
* "We believe the Ministry's evaluation of the competitors was fundamentally flawed and inaccurately assessed the cost and capability of the F/A-18 Super Hornet," said Debbie Rub, vice president and general manager of Boeing Global Strike.Further company coverage: (Reporting by Jacob Gronholt-Pedersen)
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.