BRIEF-Nicox sells U.S. ophthalmic diagnostics subsidiary to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
Nov 17 (Reuters) - Nicox SA :
* Announces acquisition of its U.S. ophthalmic diagnostics subsidiary, Nicox Inc., by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
* Transaction worth up to $20 million, including $10 million upfront cash payment plus potential sales-based milestone payments of up to $10 million
* Valeant has acquired most of Nicox commercial infrastructure in U.S. associated with diagnostics
* Nicox has retained a number of U.S.-based employees focused on therapeutics
* Nicox's operations outside U.S. and its recent acquisition of Aciex are not affected by transaction with Valeant
* Employees retained by Nicox have transferred to new U.S. subsidiary Aciex Therapeutics Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (firstname.lastname@example.org; +48 58 698 3920)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.