BRIEF-Telesta currently estimates that U.S.approval for MCNA can not be obtained for a period of at least 5 years
April 18 (Reuters) - Telesta Therapeutics Inc
* Telesta announces type a meeting results and strategic option review
* Co's questions for meeting were centered on whether fda would permit co to resubmit bla for mcna 1 under accelerated approval
* Fda has ruled any potential commercial approval of mcna to require an additional phase 3 clinical trial to be completed
* Telesta currently estimates that u.s. Regulatory approval for mcna could not be obtained for a period of at least 5 years
* Telesta has determined that it will not pursue another phase 3 clinical trial on its own
* Company will seek a partner for future development of mcna in u.s.
* Working with board of directors to identify strategic options
* Strategic option review includes sale and/or merger of company, sale and/or licensing of assets
* Continue to review and will implement additional cost reduction Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1-646-223-8780)
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.