BRIEF-Valeant acquires Canadian rights for Contrave in treatment of obesity
Aug 30 (Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc :
* Valeant acquires the Canadian rights for Contrave in the treatment of obesity
* Valeant expects to file with health Canada for regulatory approval by January 2017
* Valeant will be responsible for obtaining Canadian regulatory approval and for all commercialization activities and expenses
* Says Orexigen and Valeant anticipate launching Mysimba in 11 countries in Q4 of 2016
* Orexigen and Valeant anticipate launching Mysimba in 2 countries, in addition to 11 countries, in Q1 of 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.