BRIEF-Enbridge Energy plans to defer implementation of Sandpiper beyond co's current 5-yr planning horizon
Sept 1 (Reuters) - Enbridge Inc
* Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. plans to defer implementation of Sandpiper beyond company's current five-year planning horizon
* Has confirmed that its consolidated funding plan through 2019 is not expected to require any incremental equity capital as a result of events
* Negotiated tentative joint funding arrangement with EEP through which equity investment in Bakken pipeline will be jointly funded
* Anticipated investment in Bakken pipeline will be jointly funded 75 percent by Enbridge, through Enbridge energy company and 25 percent by EEP
* Affiliate will withdraw regulatory applications pending with Minnesota Public Utilities Commission associated with Sandpiper project Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.