BRIEF-True North Gems says unit has initiated voluntary bankruptcy proceedings
Sept 7 (Reuters) - True North Gems Inc
* True North Gems Greenland A/S has initiated voluntary bankruptcy proceedings under Bankruptcy Act in Greenland
* Company owns 76% of outstanding shares of TNGG
* Says TNGG was unable to re-capitalise in sufficient time to meet its September 2016 expenses
* Says True North's board of directors remains intact
* True North continues to hold a 100% interest in its Baffin Island property located on southeastern Baffin Island, Nunavut Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.