BRIEF-Blackberry reports Q2 GAAP net loss $0.71 per basic share
Sept 28 (Reuters) - Blackberry Ltd :
* Qtrly non-GAAP software and services revenue of $156 million
* Qtrly non-GAAP gross margin of 62%; GAAP gross margin of 29%
* Q2 earnings per share view $-0.05, revenue view $391.7 million -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Q2 GAAP revenue $334 million versus $490 million
* "Remain on track to deliver 30 percent revenue growth in software and services for the full fiscal year"
* Revising upward non-gaap earnings per share outlook to range of breakeven to a 5 cent loss, versus current consensus of a 15 cent loss
* Company plans to end all internal hardware development and will outsource that function to partners
* Blackberry reports 89% year over year growth in GAAP software and services revenue for Q2 fiscal 2017 Continued...