UPDATE 4-BCE profit falls on taxes, shares slip
* Q3 EPS C$0.74 vs C$0.83 a year earlier
* Lower tax expenses boosted year-earlier profit
* Operating revenue up 1.5 pct at C$4.98 bln
* Net postpaid subscriber additions up 17.1 pct
* Shares drop 1.4 pct in Toronto (Adds investor comment, confirmed guidance, updates market reaction)
Nov 1 (Reuters) - BCE Inc, Canada's biggest telecom provider, said on Thursday its quarterly profit fell from a year earlier, when lower tax expenses boosted results, and its shares dropped despite strong wireless and media results.
In media, BCE said coverage of the London Olympics, led by its CTV television network, helped boost revenue. It acquired CTV, Canada's biggest private broadcaster, last year.
In wireless, BCE unit Bell Canada added almost twice as many lucrative postpaid wireless subscribers in the third quarter as competitor Rogers Communications Inc.
Postpaid subscriber numbers are watched closely because those customers, who often sign multi-year contracts, typically pay more each month than prepaid subscribers. Continued...