UPDATE 4-Barrick's Pascua-Lama costs rise again, shares dive
* Q3 adj EPS $0.85 v Street view $0.98
* Revenue falls 13.5 percent as gold sales, prices sag
* Capital costs at Pascua-Lama rise again
* 2012 copper outlook lowered to 450 million pounds
* Shares fall 9.3 percent to C$36.63 on TSX (Adds analyst comment, detail)
By Julie Gordon
TORONTO, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp reported a sharp drop in third-quarter profit on Thursday, nudged back the production date for its massive Pascua-Lama gold and silver mine and increased its estimate on costs.
Shares of the world's top gold miner dropped more than 9 percent after Barrick delayed the mine's start date to the second half of 2014 from a previous target of mid 2014.
The cost of building the mine, on the border between Chile and Argentina, rose to $8 billion to $8.5 billion from an earlier estimate of $7.5 billion to $8 billion, reflecting construction delays and higher labor and project-management costs. Continued...