RPT-UPDATE 5-Major Rona shareholder Invesco seeks to replace board
(Repeats with no changes to story or headline, widens distribution)
* Call for shareholder meeting intensifies takeover talk
* Invesco move follows resignation of longtime Rona CEO
* Invesco controls 10.16 pct of home improvement chain
* Lowe's withdrew proposed offer for Rona in September
* Rona shares rise 4.8 pct on Toronto Stock Exchange
By Allison Martell
Nov 14 (Reuters) - Invesco Canada Ltd, one of the largest investors in Rona Inc, called for the removal of the company's board on Wednesday, reviving speculation that the Canadian home improvement chain was ripe for a takeover bid.
Rona's stock rose nearly 5 percent after Invesco said it would request a shareholder meeting for a vote on replacing the directors of the retailer and distributor. Continued...