BAY STREET-Canada bank profits seen rising despite housing woes
* Stronger year-over-year markets revenue to drive growth
* RBC, BMO, National Bank seen with strongest quarters
* Housing data shows slowing activity
* National Bank only top 6 bank seen raising dividend
* RBC kicks off reporting on Thursday
By Cameron French
TORONTO, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Slowing housing activity and uncertain financial markets will not stop Canada's banks from reporting solid increases in quarterly profit starting this week, although recent gains in their shares mean it might take blockbuster results to push the stocks much higher.
Blockbuster earnings are plausible, given that Canada's big banks all topped estimates in the previous August reporting period. But few see that happening again in the banks' fiscal fourth quarter, due to an expected decline in trading revenue and higher expenses.
"They won't' be as good as the third quarter," said John Kinsey, a portfolio manager at Caldwell Securities in Toronto. Continued...