UPDATE 4-RIM, now known as BlackBerry, launches new BB10 line
* Research In Motion changes company's name to BlackBerry
* Company's hopes for a comeback ride on new BlackBerry 10
* BB10 smartphones loaded with new features, faster browser
* Shares drop about 7 pct after the unveiling
* RIM stages launch parties in cities around the world
By Euan Rocha and Sinead Carew
NEW YORK, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Research In Motion Ltd unveiled the long-delayed line of smartphones it hopes will put it on the comeback trail on Wednesday but it disappointed investors by saying U.S. sales of its all-new BlackBerry 10 will start only in March.
Chief Executive Thorsten Heins also announced that RIM was abandoning the name it has used since its inception in 1985 to take the name of its signature product, signaling his hopes for a fresh start for the company that pioneered on-your-hip email.
"From this point forward, RIM becomes BlackBerry," Heins said at the New York launch. "It is one brand; it is one promise." Continued...