CORRECTED-UPDATE 3-WestJet offers tepid outlook, shares dip
(In Feb. 6 story, corrects to replace reference to disappointing outlook. Replaces revenue with RASM in paragraph 3 and 6. Removes reference to revenue being flat by Q4 in paragraph 3. Adds RASM definition in paragraph 4.)
* Fourth-quarter earnings up 71 pct, raises dividend 25 pct
* Mixed views on company, Canada airline industry outlook
* WestJet aims to cut costs by C$100 million
* Initial Encore schedule to be released Feb. 11
* Stock falls about 1 pct on Toronto Stock Exchange
By Nicole Mordant
Feb 6 (Reuters) - Canada's WestJet Airlines Ltd offered an uninspiring outlook for the current quarter on Wednesday, sending its shares lower, even as it posted a stronger-than-expected jump in profit for the final three months of 2012 and boosted its dividend.
The outlook raised concerns that Canada's No. 2 air carrier could find it hard to maintain its record of strong growth against the backdrop of a tempered economic outlook for Canada and heightened competition. Continued...