UPDATE 2-Rogers profit jumps 30 pct; CEO to retire in year
* Fourth-quarter adjusted profit C$0.88 vs C$0.66 year ago
* Shares jump more than 5 percent
* Annual dividend increased by 10 pct
* CEO Nadir Mohamed to retire in January 2014
* C$500 million stock buyback authorized
By Alastair Sharp
TORONTO, Feb 15 (Reuters) - Rogers Communications Inc , Canada's largest wireless company, posted a 30 percent rise in adjusted quarterly profit, increased its dividend and said its chief executive would leave the company early next year.
A successor was not named for CEO Nadir Mohamed, who will retire in January 2014. He has led the company since the death of Ted Rogers, the broadcast and telecommunications company's founder, four years ago.
Shares of the company jumped more than 5 percent to C$47.79, its highest price since late 2007, after it announced the change as well as steps to enhance shareholder value. Continued...