PDAC-Cash-hungry Gold Standard sits pretty in Nevada
* Explorer has project in Nevada's Carlin Trend
* Region dominated by Newmont, Barrick
* Gold Standard dealing with tough funding environment
* CEO sees company eventually acquired
* Share price soared early last year, then plunged
By Cameron French
TORONTO, March 1 (Reuters) - If mineral exploration, like real estate, is all about location, then Gold Standard Ventures Corp would appear to own the equivalent of a penthouse on Park Avenue.
Its flagship gold project sits in Nevada's productive Carlin Trend, nestled next to projects owned by Barrick Gold Corp and Newmont Mining Corp. Its location makes the explorer a prime prospect to be scooped up by one of the mining giants or secure financing for its Railroad project.
Unfortunately for Gold Standard, fundraising is often about timing. These are tough times to be a gold explorer, particularly one trying to delineate an extractable resource in a district where development costs tend to be high. Continued...