UPDATE 3-BlackBerry shares rally on AT&T launch, takeover hopes
* Lenovo CEO says may consider BlackBerry deal in the future
* Analysts downplay odds of a Lenovo takeover of BlackBerry
* AT&T says BlackBerry Z10 to hit store shelves on March 22
* Analyst sees margins moving higher with new device sales
* BlackBerry shares close 14 percent higher on Nasdaq, TSX (Adds analyst comments; updates share price move)
By Euan Rocha
TORONTO, March 11 (Reuters) - BlackBerry shares rose 14 percent on Monday, fueled by takeover speculation and news that AT&T Inc will start selling the new BlackBerry Z10 touchscreen smartphone in the United States on March 22.
The speculation was sparked by a comment from the head of China's Lenovo Group Ltd, who told a French newspaper on Monday that the personal computer maker might consider an acquisition of Canada's BlackBerry at some point in the future.
"External growth remains a question of opportunities," said Yang Yuanqing, Lenovo's CEO, in an interview with Les Échos. Continued...