WRAPUP 5-G20 urges U.S. to act quickly to avoid default
* U.S. doing 'everything possible' to clinch debt deal-Siluanov
* Republican offer spurs optimism debt crisis to be averted
* G20 worried over risk of broad and deep fallout if not
* Monetary policy must be calibrated, well-communicated
* Global recovery continuing, but downside risks remain
By Anna Yukhananov and Louise Egan
WASHINGTON, Oct 11 (Reuters) - Finance officials from the world's biggest economies on Friday pressed the United States to head off a potentially devastating default and vowed to proceed carefully when the time comes to normalize monetary policy.
A communique issued at the end of a meeting of Group of 20 finance ministers and central bankers said the United States "needs to take urgent action to address short-term fiscal uncertainties." Continued...