UPDATE 4-Fiat cuts 2013 profit forecast on weak Latin America
* Cuts 2013 trading profit forecast to 3.5-3.8 bln euros
* Forecast was 4.0-4.5 bln, analysts expected 3.8 bln
* Weak Latam and loss in Europe offset Chrysler profit
* CEO says ready for Chrysler IPO this year
* Shares fall as much as 5 percent (Adding Maserati results, upcoming presentation, more CEO comments)
By Jennifer Clark and Bernie Woodall
MILAN/DETROIT, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Italian carmaker Fiat cut its 2013 profit and sales forecasts on Wednesday as a third-quarter slump in Latin America offset a strong performance at Chrysler, the No.3 U.S. automaker it controls.
Fiat slashed the bottom end of its trading profit forecast to 3.5 billion euros ($4.8 billion) from 4.0 billion euros, below analysts' lowest estimate of 3.65 billion.
Analysts were expecting a poor performance in Brazil, which usually accounts for about a quarter of Fiat's trading profit, because of the strong euro and the end of car sales incentives, but were surprised by the extent of the cut in guidance. Continued...