UPDATE 2-Inflation jumps to Bank of Canada's 2 pct target in April
* Annual inflation rate highest since April 2012
* Monthly, yearly inflation and core inflation hit forecasts
* Total inflation 2.0 pct yr/yr, 0.3 pct mo/mo
* Core inflation 1.4 pct yr/yr, 0.2 pct mo/mo
* Analysts see rate cut as less likely (Recasts with impact on Bank of Canada policy)
By Randall Palmer
OTTAWA, May 23 (Reuters) - - Canada's annual inflation rate rose to the central bank's 2 percent target in April for the first time in two years, Statistics Canada said on Friday, further dampening talk of a cut in interest rates.
The jump from 1.5 percent in March was exactly as expected in a Reuters survey of analysts, as was the 0.3 percent monthly rise in prices from March.