BRIEF-Canada's Morneau says facing level of growth less than expected
Dec 7 (Reuters) -
* Canada finance minister says facing level of economic growth less than expected during the campaign; intend to keep commitment to balance budget during mandate
* Canada finance minister, asked whether will stick to promise to keep budget deficit under C$10 billion ($7.40 billion) a year, does not give direct answer
* Canada finance minister, citing lower than expected oil price, says economy will be challenged; says will continue to move forward with investments
* Canada finance minister, asked whether government is considering more stimulus than planned, says will need to be prudent with investments
* Canada finance minister says paying very close attention to price of oil; says other parts of the economy doing well, cites exports ($1 = 1.3507 Canadian dollars) (Reporting By Leah Schnurr)
© Thomson Reuters 2016 All rights reserved.