BRIEF-Bank of Canada's Poloz: economic positives will dominate in 2016
Dec 15 (Reuters) - Bank of Canada's Poloz holds a press conference following the release of the Financial System Review.
* BoC's Poloz: there has been some negative data since two weeks ago but also some positive data, including housing
* BoC's Poloz: economic positives will dominate in 2016
* BoC's Poloz: there remain quite a number of possible ways for authorities to adjust mortgage and financing rules to reduce housing and debt vulnerabilities
* BoC's Poloz: any housing price decline in Vancouver or Toronto should not affect housing markets elsewhere; would be primarily a local phenomenon
* BoC's Poloz: any U.S. Fed rate hike would be in context of a solid U.S. economy, which is important for Canadian exports
* BoC's Poloz would expect to see Canadian bond yields rise if Fed raises rates; that would be taken into account in BoC's economic forecasts in January
* Bank of Canada's Wilkins: Canada doesn't have the same fundamentals that led to the U.S. housing crash in 2007
* Poloz: effects of BoC's two rate cuts this year are still working through the system, along with the positive effects that there are of lower prices Continued...