BRIEF-Suncor Energy says resuming operations after sites shut in Canada wildfire
May 29 (Reuters) - Suncor Energy Inc
* Announced restart of operations after its facilities were shut in Canadian wildfire
* Said start-up in its base plant and MacKay river site is under way, and "initial production" is expected to be up by the end of the week
* Said Syncrude, majority-owned by Suncor, is in process of planning its return to operations
* Announced the restart began with resuming "initial production" in Firebag site last week
* Said it will move 3,500 more people in the coming week to support its return to operations Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Ethan Lou in Toronto)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.