BRIEF-Valeant seeking to modify lender agreements - CEO
Aug 9 (Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals comments from slide presentation and conference call:
* Repaid $1.29 bln debt as of Aug. 9; committed to minimum paydown $1.7 bln in 2016
* Core asset sales to reduce debt by more than $5 billion over 18 months
* Valeant CEO says in company is in compliance with bank debt maintenance covenants through 2016 but cushion not as large as he would like
* Core businesses, geographies that represent more than $2 billion revenue
* Valeant says has engaged banks and advisors in review of strategic alternatives; excludes core assets Further company coverage: (Reporting By Rod Nickel)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved.