FOREX-Yen rises after report of BOJ discord, euro slips ahead of ECB
* Yen rises after Japanese media report on BOJ policy disagreement
* Sterling drops for first time in six days
* Bank of Canada stands pat on rates
* New Zealand dollar rises to highest vs dollar since May 2015
* Markets looking to Thursday's European Central Bank meeting (Updates to afternoon U.S. trading, adds data, quote)
By Dion Rabouin
NEW YORK, Sept 7 (Reuters) - The dollar fell to a more than one-week low against the yen on Wednesday after a report from the Sankei newspaper that Bank of Japan policymakers are divided ahead of the central bank's next meeting.
The Bank of Japan is split on whether to add stimulus at its Sept. 20-21 policy meeting, where central bank Governor Haruhiko Kuroda has said the board will conduct a comprehensive assessment of the effects of its stimulus program.
"The yen is strengthening on the back of this story and unwinding some expectations that the BOJ would ease policy at their September meeting," said Ian Gordon, FX strategist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Continued...