CORRECTED-US STOCKS-S&P 500 ends at record closing high
(Corrects 4th bullet line about volume to read Thursday and not Friday)
* S&P 500 up 10 percent for quarter, best in a year
* S&P surpasses 2007 milestone
* Dow ends at another nominal record high
* Volume on Thursday was below year's average
* Dow up 0.4 pct, S&P 500 up 0.4 pct, Nasdaq up 0.3 pct (Updates to close, changes byline)
By Rodrigo Campos
NEW YORK, March 28 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 set a record closing high on Thursday, finishing a fifth consecutive month of gains to extend a four-year rally.
The S&P had hovered near its record for more than two weeks, and market action next week will help determine if this is just another stepping stone for the rally, or if a long-expected pullback is in the offing. Continued...